McAfee Stinger 64-bit is a standalone utility made use of to detect as well as eliminate certain viruses. It is not a substitute for complete anti-virus security, however a specialized device to assist managers and also individuals when dealing with a contaminated system. Information on brand-new or enhanced trademarks included with each Stinger develop are listed in the Readme details.
McAfee Stinger makes use of next-generation check modern technology, including rootkit scanning, as well as check efficiency optimizations. It spots and also eliminates threats determined under the «» Danger List»» alternative under Advanced menu choices in the Stinger application.
Stinger is a standalone energy created by McAfee to find as well as remove specific infections. It is not a replacement for full antivirus security. Instead, it is a tool that helps you clean a contaminated computer of details known threats.
Stinger utilizes a McAfee technology called Global Threat Knowledge (GTI) to recognize hazardous websites. GTI regularly keeps an eye on sites around the world for destructive content.read about it stinger anit virus from Our Articles
When you download Stinger, you can make it possible for GTI in the list below means:
- Click Preferences.
- Select the recommended GTI sensitivity level.
NOTE: If you choose High or Extremely High, McAfee Labs recommends that you establish the On infection detection action to Report only for the first check. Establishing this alternative makes sure that legitimate data are not mistakenly removed.
To download and run the Stinger, follow these actions:
- To begin, go to the Stinger download web page.
- Click the vibrant Download and install Stinger web link. This downloads one of the most commonly made use of version:
- Do not choose the ePO versions of Stinger. These are for usage in company settings.
- If you have a 64-bit variation of Windows, click Download and install Stinger for x64 systems.
- Click Download And Install Currently.
- Save Stinger to a convenient place, such as your desktop.
- Right-click the Stinger application that you simply downloaded and install.
- Select Run as Manager.
- If you see a Windows safety and security caution:
- Click Yes, Continue, or Run.
- Approve the End Individual Permit Contract (EULA).
- Click Tailor my scan to add added drives or directories (only the C: drive is checked by default).
- Click Check. Stinger fixings all contaminated files found.
VITAL: If Stinger repair services any type of infected files, expand the section listed below for essential details.